Thursday, January 5, 2017

How to make money from IPO

IPO (Initial Public Offering) is one of the way investors can make easy money. Ten or twenty years ago, this was especially true, when one strike an IPO, in Malay, it's call 'Durian Runtuh', one just can see the money falling from the sky! If you ask me, how much one can make during those day for an IPO? Let me give an example, the first day when Tenaga (the biggest utility company in Malaysia) went listing, the opening price was $7.50, compared to IPO price of $4.50... that was handsome profit of more than 60% !

Today, the 60% profit for one day seem to become a history. This is due to the pricing method and more Investment Bank advise their client to left little money on the table for investors. Though not that juicy anymore, but the IPO still become one of the way for investor to make quick money, especially in the current flag market trend. (no direction)

From last year's record, almost 95% of IPO still above their issue price, meaning investors still can make some money if hold on to it, unless you are not lucky to hold on the other 5%, But again, if you are in the 5% category, you still have a lot of time to dump your shares, as the stock price will not fall in one day.

How to apply for IPO? Some fifteen years ago, we have to fill in a form, purchase a Bank Draft, photo copy an I.C., attach the Bank Draft with the form and send it to the Issuing House. Today's investors are lucky and convenience, they can perform all these step through internet by just click on a few button or clicks. Thanks to the internet and smart phone.

So, if you never try the IPO, in the beginning of the year, this might be one of the option for you to participate in IPO market. Currently there are few of them open for application, Good Luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.